The Wonders of Turmeric Curcumin
Posted on Thursday, June 18 2020 12:00:00 AM in News by Article Factory
By Pamela Smith:
Turmeric curcumin capsules and supplements, we see them online as well as in our local pharmacy. But what exactly is turmeric curcumin? How do we benefit from it?
Turmeric is one of the culinary spices we often see in our spice rack. It is the major ingredient in Indian curries and the component responsible for some mustard's vibrant color. On the other hand, curcumin is a compound that can only be found in turmeric and it's loaded with antioxidants where experts believe to protect and repair cells from damaged caused by free radicals. Aside from that, curcumin also has amazing anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease pain and inflammation. The said benefits are already common for most people, but what we do not know are the other surprising uses of turmeric curcumin.
As a remedy
- Sprain strain can be applied with one part salt and two parts turmeric with enough water for it to be spread into the affected joints for 20 minutes to an hour, once a day while wrap with an old cloth to avoid staining. But if you prefer the easy way, the University of Maryland Medical Center suggests taking turmeric supplements to help reduce the sprain swelling.
- Upset stomach can be soothed by 500 mg of turmeric four times daily, according to The National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Achy arthritis can be ease 500 mg of turmeric pills twice daily, base on NIH recommendation. The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin supports arthritis and help lessen the pain for both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- Alzheimer's symptoms maybe decreased by 30% by using curcumin extract base on the clinical trial published in the Journal of Neurochemistry.
- Swimmer's ear water problems can be treated with a natural remedy by using warmed garlic oil and a little turmeric to push water out of the affected ear.
Other amazing uses
- As a homemade toothpaste to whiten teeth. Contrary to its staining prowess, turmeric can also be used to brighten teeth provided that it's not in contact with your teeth long enough to change its color.
- As a customize foundation. By adding turmeric to tinted moisturizer, the color can be change and have that natural glow that matches the skin tone.
- As homemade soap. Adding a good amount of turmeric in a homemade soap will definitely boost its skin-friendly benefits.
- As a natural scalp cleanser. The combination of olive oil and turmeric can help improve the overall condition of the scalp and prevent dandruff. Mix: olive oil, jojoba or coconut oil and turmeric, massage into scalp, leave for 15 minutes, shampoo then rinse.
- As a meat safer. Base on a scientific research, the levels of heterocyclic amines (HCAs) can be reduced by up to 40 percent by adding turmeric to any meat.
- As a longevity tea. One of the world's longest average life span is the people from Okinawa, and most of the residents from this Japanese island drink turmeric curcumin tea everyday. It just easy to make, just boil 4 four cups of water and a teaspoon of ground turmeric then allow to simmer for 10 minutes and strain. Adding ginger and/or honey to taste is optional.
Before taking anything, do yourself a favor and find time to know more about the supplement's quality. Syba Naturals are among the trusted brands of Turmeric Curcumin that are manufactured in the United States in an FDA registered and GMP Certified Laboratory.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9329786